Monday, January 31, 2011

"Still"

"Yesterday"
I love being a photographer, and I really love the quietness and the stillness during a morning shoot. Even though I have passed by this scene countless of times, I don't mean counting fingers on two hands I mean virtually by the number of years I finally saw the painting by God's hand and the story it tells. The Outer Banks of NC not only is a beach community for an ever growing tourist wave it started long ago as small fishing towns and those salty ones who carved out their living shrimping, crabbing, and net fishing. As time passed others came and found joy and relaxation sailing, and recreational fishing as well. Here an old worn out sailboat sits atop the water as a fly fisherman's bait with out motion secured only by it's ties to a dock worn out by years of winter and summer elements, pointing towards the rising sun to warm it's bow once again.
Enjoy

No comments: