Monday, December 13, 2010

"A Change in Diet"

"In the Wild"
What can I say about this image. I honestly thought Blue Herons were fish eaters only, wrong again. It's not everyday shooting wildlife that you get to see nature in it's rawlest state. I was shooting some Pintail ducks when this large blue heron came in and started pounding the bank at the waters edge. I have to say nothing unusual about that, I was content that he was stabbing at small fish when I saw a larger meal fighting for it's life. Turns out I quess they have a stomach for water rats. To make a long story short I shot 29 images as this bird tried but than gave up on a meal that was just to large to swallow.
I quess the moral of this story is ! It's not what you eat but the quanity of each meal. So as the holidays are filled with tons of tasty treats (lighten the load) before it's another New Years resolution to lose weight.
Enjoy

No comments: